- COLLECT ALL THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
- FILL IN AN ON-LINE APPLICATION FORM
- HAND IN YOUR DOCUMENTS
- PAY THE STATE DUTY
- WAIT TILL YOUR NOSTRIFICATION CERTIFICATE IS READY
- RECEIVE YOUR NOSTRIFICATION CERTIFICATE
If you want to be admitted to undergraduate or postgraduate courses in Russian higher educational establishments your education certificates should undergo nostrification procedure at the Main State Expert Centre for Education Estimation (Glavexpertcentre) under the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
IMPORTANT! Nostrification is a procedure of recognition and ascertainment of equivalency of foreign education certificates to Russian ones.
Nostrification procedure includes the following stages:
I. COLLECT ALL THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
In order to apply for nostrification you should prepare the below mentioned documents:
1. Original of your international passport;
2. Notarized translation into Russian of your international passport;
3. Original of your Higher Secondary Education Certificate of Higher Professional Education Certificate/Diploma, including statement of results;
IMPORTANT! Your education certificates should be either authenticated by an Apostille (for countries participants of the Hague Convention of October 5, 1961 only) or legalized. Legalization of the documents usually includes two stages:
• The original document is certified at the Consular Division at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of issue.
• The document with the Ministry’s certification is to be submitted to the Russian Consulate of the same country for finalizing the legalization procedure.
*Please see samples of an Apoatille and Legalization stamps
4. Notarized translation into Russian of your Original of your Higher Secondary Education Certificate of Higher Professional Education Certificate/Diploma, including statement of results;
IMPORTANT! Translation of your education certificates should be made after legalization only! Translation should be done either in the Consular department of the Russian Embassy in your country or by an authorized translation agency in Moscow on your arrival. Please check all the translations and make sure that all the stamps have been translated and the spelling of your name in the translations coincides with that in your Russian study visa. It is essential for nostrification procedure.
We strongly recommend you to do translation of all the necessary documents after arrival in order to avoid any errors. Our manager will help you to submit your documents to a translation agency.
II. FILL IN AN ON-LINE APPLICATION FORM
Our managers will help you to fill in an on-line application form at the official website of Glavex. After that you should print out your application number and enclose it with the rest of the documents. It will help you to save your time while submitting your documents at Glavex office.
You can fill in the application yourself at http://uslugi.glavex.ru.
III. HAND IN YOUR DOCUMENTS
The applicant is to submit his documents IN PERSON at Glavex office in Moscow: 11 Ordzhonikidze street, bld. 9, office 13 (You can find location map http://glavex.ru/ru/adres).
• Monday – Thursday 09.00 AM – 06.0 PM
• Friday 09.00 AM – 04.30 PM
On submission of your documents you will get an official application receipt and a bill to pay the state duty for the procedure.
If you are unable to hand in your documents in person you can give a power of attorney to our manager so that he could submit your documents on your behalf.
A sample of Power of Attorney:
IV. PAY THE STATE DUTY
You can pay the state duty for nostrification procedure in any bank according to the bill received. At the present moment the amount of the state duty is equivalent to 4000 RUB (approx. 140 USD). You should show the payment receipt in order to get a Nostrifacation Certificate.
V. WAIT TILL YOUR NOSTRIFICATION CERTIFICATE IS READY
Nostrification procedure usually takes up to 4 months, the duration depends on how long it takes your school/college/university to respond to the official request sent by Glavexpertcentre. You can check the status of the procedure at Glavex site http://glavex.ru/ru using your application number. The application number you can find on the receipt.
The status of the procedure can be one of the following:
1. Некомплект/Document missing – The submitted documents do not meet the requirements or some additional document is needed. In this case you will receive notification by e-mail or a letter will be sent the address mentioned in your application form.
2. На рассмотрении/Under consideration – A Glavex expert is considering your documents.
3. Приостановлено/On hold – An official inquiry was sent to your school/college/university and they have not replied yet.
4. Рассмотрено, оформляется официальный документ/Considered, an official document is being issued – Nostrification procedure is over, an official document has been submitted for signature.
5. Ожидание оплаты/Waiting for payment – You have not paid the state duty yet and should do it as soon as possible.
6. Готов к выдаче/отправке/Ready – Your nostrification certificate is ready, you can come and get it.
VI. RECEIVE YOUR NOSTRIFICATION CERTIFICATE
You should collect your nostrification certificate in person our you can give a power of attorney to any person to get. In order to collect your nostrification certificate you should bear with you the following documents:
• Application receipt;
• State duty payment receipt;
IMPORTANT! Please note that a Nostrification certificate is issued on Rosobrnadzor official letter head, signed by Deputy Director, has registration number, date of issue and an official stamp.